A few months ago, some of the holistic beauty bloggers I follow started posting about ice rolling so I decided to do a little of my own research and ultimately try it out for myself. If you watch my stories on Instagram, you know I’ve been obsessed with ice rolling for all kinds of things.
The way it works is by stimulating your lymphatic system and getting blood moving in your face, while also cooling your skin and muscles to reduce inflammation. This improved circulation can have so many benefits for your skin, as well as for headaches and facial pressure.
I’ve personally noticed a huge difference in my complexion, specifically less redness, less puffiness and less facial pressure when I use my roller vs. when I don’t. I’ve added it to my nightly routine as a preventative, and will use it as needed if I’m struggling with a specific issue that day.
Here are six things that ice rolling has helped me with:
1. Reduce acne and redness. Ice rolling your face helps with both current breakouts and redness as well as reducing the potential for future breakouts by keeping your blood moving and promoting circulation.
2. Headache relief. Whenever I have a headache, I use my ice roller on my temples and sinuses if it’s a sinus headache, or on my forehead and the back of my neck if it’s a migraine.
3. Relief from sinus pressure and nasal congestion. Just like it gets your blood moving, it can also get mucus moving out of your face as well which is gross, but what you need if you’re suffering from pressure and congestion.
4. De-puff under eyes and face. Didn’t get enough sleep last night? Ice roll those bags away girl! (or boy, do boys read my blogs?)
5. Reduce redness and heat after a workout. Ice rolling feels AMAZING on sore muscles after a workout and can help reduce inflammation that could lead to soreness the next day. It also helps bring down the puffiness and redness I get in my face and cools me down.
6. Soothe sunburn. You have to do this very lightly, but if you put a little aloe on your burn, followed by ice rolling, it’s basically heaven on a sunburn.
7. Relax sore or tense muscles. I carry all of my tension in my shoulders and ice rolling them helps me relax at the end of the day.
Shop My Ice Roller:
For best results, roll up and out to get your lymphatic system moving things out of your face.
Don’t forget to clean your ice roller ~ once a week. I just rinse mine with white vinegar and hot water.
Ice rolling feels amazing when your hungover + it makes your face look like you're not riding the struggle bus.#blessed
I hope you love ice rolling as much as I do! Your skin and your muscles will thank you.