It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, and like I'm going to have to sweet talk my man into doing all of the festive things with me. I love Christmas, and snow, and winter (at the beginning at least), and now that it's December my holiday spirit has officially kicked into high gear. My boyfriend is not into Christmas at all, but he's a team player, and as much as he hates to admit it, he always ends up having a good time on our festive dates, even if he has to swallow his pride and embarrass himself in the process.
Whether you want some motivation to bundle up and get out of the house, or some fun ideas for dates at home, I've got you! Below I listed some of my favorite winter activities for couples + I hope you and your honey love them as much as I do.
1. Go Ice Skating.
2. Drive around looking at Christmas lights. Put on your coziest clothes, pack yourself some hot chocolate and Christmas cookies and crank up your favorite Christmas tunes for a sweet date night that will have you both feeling like little kids again.
3. Have a holiday movie marathon. Pro-tip: Add a little extra fun and kick off your night with a trip to Old Navy or Target to pick out some matching holiday PJ's. If your man is anything like mine, he'll roll his eyes but secretly love the over-the-top holiday romance.
4. Go skiing or snowboarding.
5. Bake Christmas cookies.
6. Visit a Christmas tree farm. Whether your shopping or just browsing, this is a fun way to get in the holiday spirit with your honey and share stories of Christmas' past.
7. Take a cooking class together. Nothing brings people together like learning a new skill together, or fighting over whether you really need to measure the ingredients. You can do a search for classes in your area, or just find a video or recipe on Pinterest and learn a new recipe at home.
8. Make gingerbread houses. This can be a sweet, relaxing date night idea, or an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and show your competitive side by turning it into a contest.
9. Host a game night. This time of year, everyone is looking for an excuse to get out of the house that doesn't require getting dressed up or being out in the cold, so hosting a game night with your friends is the perfect way to bring people together and have a good time in the comfort of your home.
10. Go bowling.
11. Make decorations or gifts together. This is the perfect alternative to going shopping together for those who don't like to shop. DIY gifts and decorations are way more unique, and make for a perfect excuse to get crafty together.
12. Build a snowman. Call it childish, but nothing keeps romance alive like laughing together and attempting to build a snowman and getting in a snow fight in the process is one of the most pure forms of happiness.
13. Volunteer together. 'Tis the season of giving, and helping others in your community is an experience you and your SO will never forget.
14. Decorate your apartment or house together.
15. Visit a museum. In my personal opinion, this is the best time of year to discover all the hidden gem museums in your city. There's nothing you can't make fun when you've got your best friend by your side, so find one your interested and make the most of it! Most offer discounts for students, military, or just for random days of the week.
16. Visit a festive place. My favorite place to visit in December in Nashville is the Gaylord Opryland Hotel. They totally transform both the inside and outside into a Christmas wonderful and it is magical. In Chicago, I love to visit Millennium Park around Christmas and go look at the festive window displays at Macy's.
17. Recreate your favorite childhood Christmas memories. Whether it's a favorite Christmas movie or reading The Night Before Christmas together on Christmas Eve, sharing your traditions is just one more way to get closer this holiday season.
18. Have a cozy breakfast in bed. Gingerbread waffles, hot cocoa, and all of the cuddles. Yes please!
Wishing you and your honey the happiest of holidays!